Elevate Me! is proud to be featured on the new iphone ap – Wheat Free World!
Wheat-Free World is designed to provide valuable resources for people coping with celiac disease or gluten-sensitivities, and for people serving or working with friends, family or clients on a gluten-free diet. A brilliant use of tabs for anyone needing fast gluten free info, here’s a sneak peek:
- The introductory info tab gives a brief outline of celiac disease and its symptoms and then guides the user through the app, describing the information provided in each tab.
- The recipe tab provides many delicious, nutritious meal and snack options, beautifully photographed on with icons for ingredients and the step-by-step cooking process.
- The medical tab, written by Michelle Lawton, Nurse Clinician, gives concise information about wheat and gluten-sensitivities including symptoms, commonality, diagnosis and screening.
Products are divided into two categories: Essentials For The Kitchen and Products We Promote. Essentials For The Kitchen lists everything one needs in their home or restaurant kitchen to serve a variety of delicious food that is gluten-free. Each tab is easily reached from the toolbar and the detailed photographs can be viewed in both portrait and landscape by turning the device horizontally.
The Wheat-Free World application is here to help educate and strengthen the health, happiness and well being of everyone who wants to live well without wheat. Get yours now through iTunes!
Over the last couple weeks we have generated a great deal of buzz surrounding our SPARTAN CONTEST for the first ever Canadian Spartan Race; which will make its debut on May 14th in North Vancouver. Elevate Me is doing their part by Sponsoring the Spartan Race in Vancouver and will also be competing in this epic adventure!
Who is Spartan Enough?
LET THE GAMES BEGIN: Graham Snowden… Spartan Enough? we think so! Let’s take an in-depth look a typical training day
- 2km open water swim with the sharks
- Sprint pyramids and 8x stair repeats vs the African cheetah
- Casual summit of a local snow covered mountain
- Peak Yoga, recover with Yoga on top of the peak
- NBD – No Big Deal, that’s all before breakfast
Graham comes packed with a long list of sports accomplishments under his armour, some of which include the Big Five Marathon in Africa, the Alcatraz Triathlon in June and Racing The Planet in Nepal – a 100 km – 250km self-supported footrace which takes place in remote locations around the world.
Crazy enough to be a Spartan – confirmed! Tattooed on his back (of his shirt)… “You’re not that bad, I am just that awesome.” – Just do it – NIKE!
MEET THE ELEVATE ME SPARTAN TEAM:
Earl Ellingson – Big Dog at Elevate Me, devoted bar maker, master of hard knocks, marathoner, avid worker-outer of adventure and health promoter, husband and father to Spartan-in-training little one.
Sarah M. Jamieson – Marketing Maveness at Elevate Me, ultra runner, Coach and Yoga Zen Teacher, Parkour and Ninja-Superhero wannabe, engages in anything athletic with the chance to support a cause for the greater good of all humanity.
Kirsten Rusko –Dodgeball Extraordinaire, on the team “Not in the Face, We’re Models” and an intense competitor of the “paper, rocks, scissors” Vancouver championships. Studying Medieval Literature at the University of Oxford makes her uniquely qualified for the Spartan Race. Avid trekker, health educator and do’er of all things epic and unorthodox!
Graham Snowden - Newest member of our Elevate Me! Athlete Ambassadors, “Racing for Lives” Athlete and Founder, triathlete, adventure seeker, runner of a muck and domination do gooder. Oh, and he’s in real estate and marketing to boot.
HONORABLE MENTION: Thank you to Jared Pearson, of Innovative Fitness, West Vancouver for showcasing your SPARTAN TRAINING! The force is strong with this one!
Don’t forget to swing by our booth for some pre race Spartan Fuel! Let the Primal Challenge begin….
Join Elevate Me! The Spartan Race Vancouver Event!
ARE YOU TOUGH ENOUGH! Spartan Race comes to Vancouver! Are you as excited as we are!! Spartan Race’s mission is to get you active, healthy, and excited about change! “Prepare for Glory” and return to your ancient roots; running through woods, getting dirty, climbing walls and facing adversity…it’s part of everyday life. Spartan events are all about challenging today’s perception of normal. Who doesn’t like getting dirty from time to time!
ELEVATE ME! SPARTAN CONTEST:
We are looking for a couple “tough ELEVATE ME! SPARTANS” to join our team…
“ARE YOU TOUGH ENOUGH?” Contest:
What’s your day of training in the life of a Spartan look like? Elevate Me! wants to know!
April 1st – April 15th we are accepting submissions, its easy!
1. Submit your mini blurb “a day of training in the life of a Spartan” and tell us your daily training regime on getting fit for the Spartan Race.
2. Take a photo of your best Spartan exercise or pose! Be creative!
3. Email to email@example.com
4. We will announce the winners April 16th on facebook
5. What do you win? FREE ENTRY into the Spartan Race on the Elevate Me! Team and your favorite box of BARS!!